Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Minions of Misery



Keith Woodruff, the creative writer of the horror blog L a u g h i n g Scared, has selected me to join the ranks of the “Minions of Misery” and it is now my duty to share some dark misery in the form of a dark book, a dark movie, and a dark secret, before selecting 3 other dark souls worthy to carry on the tradition.


1)  A dark book
My old physical chemistry book


Roughly seven pounds with 1,360 all black and white pages (no pretty pictures at all), densely packed with equation derivations and theories, and resembles the Cambridge Dictionary.  Unfortunately, I forgot everything I learned from it, but maybe that's because I did not want to remember the teachings from that dark and evil book.

2)  A dark movie  

Dark Waters (1994)




My favorite horror film from the 90s is a dark and atmospheric piece that Argento and Lovecraft fans should find irresistible.


3)  A dark secret about myself

I am very nocturnal.  I haven’t been to bed before 3 in the morning in the last 6 years. I mean just have a look at the time I posted this. 


4)  Three others to continue the task of sharing their misery (gosh that sounds harsh).

This is sort of a promotional blog award I suppose, and I’ve noticed that it has been making its rounds, but let’s not stop it here:

Jenny Spencer of The Bloody Iris blog and fellow contributor to Italian Film Review:  Any self respecting fan of horror/slasher/giallo films should follow this writer at the aforementioned websites immediately.
Cinemarchaeologist of The Dig:  I honestly feel that the cinemarchaeologist has made some great contributions in the comments section to some of the postings here on this blog for some very dark films.  You’d be doing yourself a great favor to follow this writer.  

Kweeny Todd: A new fascinating blogger that seems to have come out of nowhere taking the horror blogging world by storm whose article Genre Talk: Goths and Horror is highly recommended.
In closing, I would like to say that I love and appreciate every one of my readers.

2 comments:

  1. As a Chemist, I fully support the first entry! After graduating, I sold off my textbooks, all of which were unopened, in mint condition (and I got a £1500 p.a. grant for doing next to nothing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My writing on the chemistry book was more or less tongue-in-cheek. Even though those were rough times, I am still grateful for the education I received.

    ReplyDelete